- RT @CamillaEOhlsson: It's hard not to be a #climateoptimist when listening to the awsome @GreenSolitaire from @futerra ! #CWNYC https://t.c… 1 day ago
- The new #Cities100 is out! Explore the 100 best urban solutions to #ClimateChange from Santiago to Seoul: thndr.me/Kc25TT 4 days ago
- RT @jrockstrom: Evidence clear. Irma & Harvey cannot be decoupled fr human caused global warming. Simply put, the mess is our fault https:/… 1 week ago
- A reminder that it's not just HIStory... thelocal.se/20170908/confi… 1 week ago
- RT @LettersOfNote: "We therefore ask you to refrain from ever designating hurricanes by the names of women." bit.ly/2wQMIO9 https:… 1 week ago
Monthly Archives: July 2010
I have to be careful, sometimes, that I don’t become seen as some self-appointed Women in the Media watchdog, ripping out articles about women that are sexist/misogynistic/depressing/inaccurate/irresponsible, of which there are plenty, and neatly sticking them in my feminist scrapbook. … Continue reading
A few thoughts on the recent news about the alleged rapes at Latitude, and the shock and surprise people seem to be feeling in light of such atrocious acts occurring at a ‘family festival’. I’ll tell you what shocks and … Continue reading
Dear Labour, Forgive the sudden introduction; you probably don’t know me, but I’ve seen you around these parts and wanted to get in touch. I hope this doesn’t appear too forward, but at some point last week, after a little … Continue reading
Is Harriet Harman right to call for a forced 50/50 gender split in the Labour shadow cabinet? I can’t believe, in 2010, we are even asking this question. Whilst it is true that women in the UK have as much … Continue reading
How would you react if someone you’d just met told you they thought about killing themselves every morning, noon and night? Would you stay and counsel? Would you falter, lose the words and leave? Maybe it’s happened to you. Maybe, … Continue reading
Why not. I’ve written the damn things already. To follow.
Clean white pixels, all muddied over with first tentative blog post. More to come, on all manner of topics. Say hello, if you fancy.